China's CNC Router Industry Continues to Grow(microblasting Vanessa)
- source:NEWRGY CNC Machining
The CNC router industry in China has seen rapid growth over the past decade. There are now over 5000 CNC router manufacturers in the country, clustered around major industrial hubs like Guangdong, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, and Shandong. Guangdong province alone accounts for over 30% of China's CNC router production.
Reasons for Growth
There are several factors that have enabled the rapid growth of China's CNC router industry:
- Government Support - The Chinese government has actively promoted advanced manufacturing through subsidies, tax incentives and the development of industrial clusters. This has helped CNC router companies grow in scale.
- Infrastructure - China has made massive investments in infrastructure like highways, rail, airports and ports. This facilitates the movement of raw materials and distribution of finished products.
- Skilled Labor - China has a large pool of educated, skilled workers trained in technical fields like engineering and IT. This provides CNC router companies with a talent pipeline.
- Supply Chain - A robust supply chain for key components like linear guides, ballscrews and servo motors has developed around China's CNC router hubs. This enables efficient sourcing of quality parts.
- Low Costs - Labor costs in China remain comparatively lower than developed countries. Land and electricity costs are also very competitive in most Chinese industrial regions. This allows CNC routers to be produced very cost-effectively.
Leading Chinese CNC Router Brands
Some of the major CNC router brands that have emerged from China include:
Biesse - Founded in Italy, Biesse set up a wholly owned Chinese subsidiary, Biesse Trading (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. in 2002. They manufacture edgebanders, CNC machining centers, sanders and panel sizing machines.
Hongtai - Specializing in woodworking machines, Ningbo Hongtai manufactures 4-axis and 5-axis CNC routers for applications like engraving, carving, milling and drilling.
Shandong Gongtuo - A leading manufacturer located in Shandong province, Gongtuo makes 4-axis and 5-axis CNC routers for industries like furniture, construction, automotive and aerospace.
Jinan JinQiang - With over 25 years of experience, JinQiang produces high-speed engraving machines, 5-axis CNC machining centers and edgebanding machines. They export to over 40 countries.
Topvision - Located in Zhejiang, Topvision manufactures CNC routers for industries like sign making, kitchen cabinets, metal fabrication, acrylic machining and plastic mold making.
CNC router producers based in Europe and North America have now set up manufacturing facilities in China to take advantage of the country's strengths. For instance, manufacturers like Anderson, CMS, Bostomatic, Thermwood, AXYZ and Multicam now have substantial operations in China alongside their domestic capacities.
Chinese CNC router manufacturers cater to a diverse range of industries and applications:
Woodworking - Producing wooden furniture, flooring, doors/windows, musical instruments etc. Machines come with ATC (automatic tool change) for high productivity.
Signage - Cutting foam, acrylic, wood, MDF etc. to produce sign boards, letters, nameplates, ADA signs, dimensional logos etc.
Metal Fabrication - Cutting sheet metal for applications like machine guards, brackets, fixtures, panels, displays etc. Routers have liquid cooled spindles.
Plastics - Milling plastic sheets, blocks, tubes for applications like machine housings, chutes, medical equipment, light lenses etc.
Composites - Trimming, drilling carbon fiber parts for industries like aerospace, automotive, construction etc. Multi-axis machining is widely used.
Many CNC router models include inbuilt tool magazines, automatic tool length measurement, precision helical rack and pinion drive systems, and industrial computer controls like Fanuc, Siemens or Fagor. Customization as per user requirements is also offered.
Several factors will continue to drive growth for China's CNC router industry:
- Expanding domestic market - Rising incomes and increasing industrialization/urbanization will expand the domestic demand for products made using CNC routers.
- Government initiatives - The central government aims to increase the contribution of advanced manufacturing to GDP from around 15% to 25% by 2025. This will boost investment in technologies like CNC routers.
- Export potential - Chinese CNC routers are very cost competitive internationally. The quality and technology of high-end models can also match international standards, thereby increasing export potential.
- New applications - The applicability of CNC routers will increase as industries find new uses for the precision and productivity they provide, for instance machining composites in electric vehicles.
- Smart manufacturing - China aims to transition to smart, data-driven manufacturing powered by automation, sensors, IoT platforms and analytics. CNC routers fit well in this context.
- Operator skills - The new generation of operators are highly skilled. Training institutes provide customized courses to continually upgrade workforce capabilities on the latest CNC technology.
To summarize, China's CNC router industry has already established itself as a global powerhouse due to supportive government policies, extensive manufacturing capabilities and a qualified workforce. With continued growth expected, both in the domestic and export markets, Chinese CNC router manufacturers are poised for a bright future. The technology, quality and cost-competitiveness of China's CNC routers will make them a preferred choice for customers worldwide. CNC Milling CNC Machining